- Mid-March - Mid-June 2018
- Mid-September - Mid-December 2018
- (dates to be confirmed between the participants)
The aim of the course is to give you an in-depth introduction into the art of glass blowing; focusing on making cups, which are a great basis for learning the essential skills that give you proficiency and confidence in the hotshop. With the successful completion of the course you will be able to rent the hotshop yourself with the supervision of our studio manager, and the assistance of your fellow students. You must have a minimum of 9 hrs experience. The class is taught in German and English. 3 students/class + you must be at least 18 yrs.
- Week 1: Introduction, hot shop safety + gathering practice.
- Week 2: Introduction to the various tools used for blowing glass.
- Week 3: Popping bubbles.
- Week 4: Jacking, making caterpillars.
- Week 5: Making snowmen.
- Week 6: Beginning the simple cup. Punti design.
- Week 7: Finishing the simple cup.
- Week 8: Cup practice.
- Week 9: Twisty cups.
- Week 10: More twisty cups.
- Week 11: Cups with colors and handles.
- Week 12: Collaboration day.
To book a class, please fill out the form below:
We will get back to you within the next 2 days. Please don't forget to check your spam folder as well.